Acupuncture and Digestive Disorders
At The Emperor’s Medicine, we can help you achieve relief from a variety of Digestive Disorders including, but not limited to constipation, GERD, IBS, Crohn’s Disease and diverticulitis. We use a combination of acupuncture treatments, herbs, dietary changes, supplements, and education to provide you with a personalized treatment plan to address the root cause of your digestive issue and for you to maintain a healthy gut.
- Constipation – Studies have shown that acupuncture provides a medically safe and effective option for constipation. Acupuncture also is shown to have long-term, persistent effects in long-term relief. Our patients who receive acupuncture nearly double the number of bowel movements and improved general well-being and quality of life.
- GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) – This occurs when stomach acid flows back to the esophagus and irritates the esophageal lining on a frequent basis. Acupuncture has provided many positive outcomes for patients with GERD. With lifestyle changes and Chinese Medicine, we can help rid the discomfort of GERD.
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) – IBS is a common condition, that is classified as chronic, which attacks the large intestine. Symptoms include bloating, gas, abdominal pain, constipation, and/or diarrhea. We treat IBS with Chinese Medicine and lifestyle changes to help you reach optimal wellness. At The Emperor’s Medicine, we have high success rates in treating IBS.
- Crohn’s Disease – Also known as inflammatory bowel disease, this disorder has no known cure in the pharmaceutical industry. Crohn’s disease spreads deep into the layers.
- Diverticulitis – This disorder causes small bulging pouches that form in the lining of your digestive tract. Unfortunately, this is a common disorder among people over the age of 40. Patients with this disorder experience nausea, constipation, vomiting, and abdominal pain and/or tenderness. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas can bring the body back into balance by alleviating the pain and inflammation and treating the underlying cause of this disorder.
We help address the root cause of these ailments and many more Digestive Disorders by using Functional and Chinese Medicine to help the body heal itself. Call today and schedule your complimentary consultation to find out how Selma can help you, 630.428.9001.